This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. Vault Couture Ltd. wants to ensure your privacy is protected.
When do we collect your personal data?
• When you visit any of our websites (including landing pages and promo pages), and use your account to buy services on the phone or online.
• When you make an online purchase and register for a demo account.
• When you set up an account with us.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you book any kind of appointment with us.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on or review our products and services.
• When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
• If you have a web account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we will also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
• Details of your visits to our websites or apps, and which site you came from to ours.
• Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest.
• Payment card information.
• Your comments and product reviews.
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
• To process any orders that you make by using our websites. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
• To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
• With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. In the case of loyalty scheme members, we’ll also offer you relevant rewards.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
• To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers and services. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
• To process your booking/appointment requests (for example with a personal stylist). Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers or a fitter visiting your home). We do so to maintain our appointment with you.
How we protect your personal data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
Please contact us at email@example.com for any further information.